Make It Real: Chapter 10


Mrs. Sunhwa angrily moved towards Sulli as if she wants to give her some quick slap after her unwanted revelation. Minho perceived it and went to block her mother.
"Ma, don't! Leave it to me okay? We don't need to hurt her." He told his mother, preventing her to hit his sister. Sunhwa dropped her hand and leave them to follow Hasun and Juniel.
Juniel ran away crying out, feeling out of control caused by distress. The word "adopted" kept repeating inside her mind. Mrs. Hasun was able to caught her and held her. The mother knows how heartbreaking it is when she discovered the truth so she tried to calm her daughter. They sat on the stair while embracing her tightly.
"Calm down please, Mama loves you." Mrs. Hasun could not stop herself from shedding tears as well, her daughter has been suffering enough even before this.
Juniel was long ago suspicious of herself as to why her feature and trait are different from her parents. She remembered one time when her teacher said normally a woman age 50 above is no more reproductive. She then asked her mother about it and Mrs. Hasun denied, saying she still has menstruation then that is why she still gave birth of her.
"Ma, why did you kept it from me?" Juniel was sobbing hard, gasping for some breath with her broken speech. She asked why they needed to lie.
"We're afraid that you might rebel against us if we'll tell you. We love you Juniel and we're willing to give you everything we have." The mother explained.
"You don't need to give me everything to prove your love, Mama. You and Papa's presence are the most important for me. I love you so much." Even though she found out that she is only adopted, for her they will always be her real parents.
"Thank you so much my daughter." She hugged her again and kissed her on her forehead. She wiped her daughter's tears and said "Please remember this, you might not conceived from my own womb, but I carried and delivered you inside my heart."
Juniel nodded "Yes Mama." She was moved by her mother's quote and will never forget it.
Sunhwa followed them on the stairs, comforting each other. She felt sorry for what happened and so she came near wanting to ask some apology.
"I want to ask forgiveness Unnie. I got shocked too on what they did."
"Don't apologize to me but with Juniel." She asked the younger woman, still bitter at what Minho and Sulli did to her daughter earlier.
"Don't cry Juniel. I'll talk with your unnie after this." Sunhwa gently stroked the girl's back.
"I'm okay now Auntie. Don't worry." She answered, more calm now with such comforting words.
"Thanks."
"Juniel has a good heart. I really don't understand why she always getting hurt."
"I'm sorry to hear that."
The frustrated father left the lounge while holding his aching head. Monghee already had so much stress dealing with his company and had no time to solve this trouble. While the siblings stayed inside the room. Minho was bit mad at the trouble Sulli had caused, yet he appreciate her aggressive defense for him. She had fault but he needed to stand by her side.
Sulli slammed herself on a single couch, with cross-legs. She looked at his brother who seems like irritated "What? You will scold me?"
"Whatever you did, it's still wrong."
"I know. They're just annoying. They pampered Juniel way much to extend providing her husband. And the worst part is they chose you. You're too perfect for her."
"I don't  wanna think that I would marry Juniel only for wealth nor particularly filling her incapacities. They didn't give us enough trust or freedom to decide by ourself, that's hurt me."
"Oppa, she's really stupid, she's very dependable girl. She can't decide alone so they need to provide everything for her. Even if she has billion, his husband is still too unlucky to marry such useless wife. And it's right you disagreed, you'll just turn miserable if you did."
"You know I feel like the only reason why our parents want me to marry Juniel is because of her money and JSB."
"You can surpass Uncle Sungho's wealth since you're smart. You don't need to rely on their inheritance. Consequently, Uncle Sungho and Uncle Jihu fought because of that." Jihu is Sungho's youngest brother.
"Really?"
"I heard that Uncle Jihu is so upset that Uncle Sungho doesn't have plan to share his properties to him contrary of what he pormised before his adopted came. Actually, eversince Juniel came, Uncle Sungho and Aunt Hasun had changed.
"On the other hand, it's better that Juniel already knew her identity as they can't hide it forever."
"Of course." Sulli stood up and came to him, needed to brainwash her brother's mind. She held his shoulder and told him "Oppa, even if they'll going to force you, don't agree with their plan. Call Yuri to come here and marry her right away. I still prefer that commoner but career-minded woman than the adopted girl."
The mother approached Minho searching for her daughter, still disgusted at her daughter's action.
"Where's Sulli?"
"Ma, I already talked with her earlier."
"But where did she go?"
"She said she'll meet some friend." Sulli went out to spend the time elsewhere fearing of her mother's wrath.
"We still need to talk."
"Okay."
They entered inside his dark father's office room so he switched the light on.
"Aunt Hasun said before they went that if you'll keep turning down their proposal, they might leave CFG."
"I see." It hurted Minho's pride. Despite his service in JSB, just because of his rejection they intended to break away from its holding company.
"Not really threatening us, she said if they can find a person who will take care of JSB then they'll separate from us. So I hope you change your mind."
"Let them do what they want."
"Are you serious? Do you not consider CFG's major contribution to JSB until now?" The mother wondered as to how her son looked care less about it.
"What do you want? To force me in this business marriage?"
That is what Sunhwa wanted to happen. She will come to regret once CFG and JSB got separated. "JSB has been established since 1975 by your uncle and father. It won't become second largest bank now without the help of CFG. I'm afraid that it's competitors will overtake it's position in the future."
"So you choose the company over your son 's happiness?" Minho could no longer hide his disappointment but still optimistic about it. "Let's believe that many more opportunities will come after JSB so please don't act like it's the only thing we have, Ma." He told her seriously.
"Why you oppose this offer so much? Juniel is a good girl too. Besides CFG and JSB's future, we know that you'll become great couple. We won't choose girl who doesn't fits you." Sunhwa learned to like Juniel because she knows her personality ever since she was baby.
"The truth is, I'm engaged with my girlfriend."
"What?" The mother was surprised on what she heard.
"Yes Ma. I'm committed with a commoner girl. We're already ten years in relationship. I'm sorry for hiding it for the benefits of our relationship too. I'm planning to marry her when I return to U.S." Minho confessed to his mother who was still in disbelief.
"Impossible."
"I'm also deciding to step down as chairperson of JSB. I think it will be fair enough with auntie."
"No, you won't do this."
"Seriously I could. I have no reason to stay in JSB. Sorry Ma." Minho remained hard and persistent to his decision. He is matured enough to handle things, not wanting to controlled by his parents anymore.
"Son.."
Minho left his mother and she went quickly to tell this to her husband.
"He said it?" Monghee suddenly got angry after hearing what his son had said "Why he's deciding to step down if I didn't order him?
"I think our son got hurt by his auntie's words. I don't know what to do."
"It was clearly said out of anger. But she can't do anything with it since I have full control." Being a chairman of its holding company, Monghee still has words.
"You know why your son seems contradicting us now is because he has girlfriend in U.S." Minho is always obeying his parents that is why they hate it if he will not comply.
"Girlfriend?"
"Yes. The girl is just ordinary person, no rank whatsoever. But our son loves her and wanting to marry her soon." Sunhwa disclosed it to her husband.
Out of anger, the chairman punched a wooden table "Is that the reason he wants to abandon his responsibility? Call the secretary and order him to investigate about that woman. If we can pay her just to leave our son, then we must!"
Sunhwa did immediately what her husband commanded her. They are too eager to dettach their son from her.
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment