Make It Real: Chapter 3


"I love you Yuri." Minho told her after they finished  the intense lovemaking. The excitement of a young flesh was like a fume flaring over his body. He had taken every inch of her since their first date as he wished to possess her as his own. Yuri is an independent woman with high self-confidence. She introduced him in more liberated life away from his restricted nature. Out of parents sight, he pursued his study while engaging in an intimate commitment with her. He smiled at her landing his firm body between her legs. "I will marry you when I finish my study." He whispered. Minho's allowance could sustain her life but as ambitious as he, she would rather focus on her dream.  "No not yet. I'm wishing to become a top model and renown fashion designer in the future. I have my own goal  to accomplish." Because of her job, the woman is very self-conscious when it comes to her appearance and body, having a child is out of her priority now. Minho was madly in love with Yuri that sometimes it upsets him when she keeps refusing his wish - that is to make a family. They were engaged with pre-marital activities yet trying their best to prevent unexpected pregnancy. Minho gave Yuri a diamond necklace as a promise not to leave her. He could wait until whenever, as long as they fulfilled their goals.
After completing high school, Minho was accepted  in Stanford University's Department  in Accountancy which he majored Finance Management. It took him four years to finish the course and at the commencement he delivered a memorable salutatory speech.
My mission when I passed this college life is to follow the footstep of my father and to lift our company one step higher. But it's not that easy. However, I always think that the real goal for me is to live my life with full integrity and passion. Giving my best in everything I'll do, never give up no matter how hard it takes. If that makes me exceed the expectation let it be.
His parents attended the graduation rite being so proud at their son's accomplishment. He then continued taking post-graduates business related course as he was apprenticed in some famous banks like HSBC. After his college life, he stayed in America for another six years in preparation for his bigger role in SK.
Juniel was now a junior high school, a diligent student yet slow learner and natural uncompetitive. Her parents tried to solve her problem by hiring private tutors but her difficulty is mainly due to her processing speed. She has a mental weakness making her hard to acquire ideas in short period of time. Fortunately, her case is not eligible for SPED as she passed  the normal requirements. She just did from poor to average making her sad and most of the time object of ridicule.
"Hahaha Juniel, how could you lead your company if you can't solve simple algebra." Sulli mocked her after learning that she got zero from problem solving.
What makes it sadden is the thought that she failed her parents' expectation. It made her shed tears on her bedroom thinking how disappointing it is for them.
"Mama sorry, I'm trying my best." She told Mrs. Hasun, apologetic of her performance.
More than anyone, Mrs. Hasun understood her child as she kept encouraging her daughter. "It's okay. Don't force yourself Juniel."
The couple did not give up hoping that Juniel will eventually overcome her struggles but the thought of her inadequacies cause them to be more worried of her future and the company. Now that Sungho and Hasun are old, they thought as to how they will manage everything with little time ahead. They were bothered by the thought that they could leave their precious daughter carrying a heavy load alone.
The 26 years old Minho was then accepted as Middle Market Manager in a leading global financial firm in Boston. He was the youngest ever hired in the position because of his strong management and communication skills. The dean of Stanford who was connected with JPMorgan Chase referred him to the company. From California, he transferred to Boston renting a high price condominium  with his secret live-in partner, Yuri. He was planning to introduce her finally if he go back to Seoul. They lived like a married couple in a condo except with a kid as he completed their residence with modern appliances and trendy furniture. The woman was spoiled at anything she asked for, from BMW to signature dresses and shining jewelry. Minho did not depend on his allowance as he was receiving $20,000 salary a month, he was giving her a more comfortable life greater than her family could ever provide.
"Thank you sweetheart." Yuri had planted a deep kiss on his mouth after she received a Fiyta Wristwatch wish Gemstone clove worth $1K. She felt so lucky having such a loving and generous partner.
"Was that good?" He asked her while beaming at her expression.
"Yes. Such a beautiful watch."
"Beautiful as the one who's wearing." He said to her, complimenting her radiant looks.
They could not end the day without passionate make out on the bed.
"Next year, I'll return to Korea to fulfill my father's wish.."
Yuri was actually scared of that. She thought that her status might  upset his parents thus making her feel unease. "As much as I wanted, but I still like to stay here." She told him.
"Why? You don't want to meet my parents?"
"I don't think I have  the courage to face them with my unstable job. I need to achieve my dream to prove that I'm worthy of your love."
"You deserves me, sweetheart."
"It's easy to say that Minho-shi. I don't want to get trampled because I'm just an ordinary girl."
Minho loves everything about Yuri, her ambition, fighting spirit, and maturity. The girl he needed to marry someday yet he could not tell as when. He embraced her hoping that she will have courage to face his family soon. She does not need to prove her worthy, his love enough could qualify her.
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment