[130728] Minho on Close-UP Ginger Magazine



CLOSE-UP: SHINee Minho

I was nervous during the kiss scene, but I managed to act it out by staying true to my character's emotion.

SHINee is an uprising 5-member group  whose existence is like a brother group of TVXQ. One of the members, Minho, was the lead actor for the drama "To The Beautiful You", which has been released in DVD. His third work as the main actor is already known to us as a high school romantic comedy based on a Japanese comic. He changed into his main role, Taejun, the high jump star who is trying to get back on his feet while being fluttered by the heroine, who is disguised as a boy; thus showing his steady improvement as an actor.
"Of course I read the original manga and I even watched Japanese version of the drama. On top of that, I paid attention to the characteristics of my role as I tried hard to bring out my own color. Even though I acted as a high school student, my real age is 21 so there’s not much difference. I think I expressed myself pretty well."

It seems like Minho is the type who was more focused on playing and being involved in sports rather than studying, back in his student years.
"I was quite good in sports even when I was just a kid. I was influenced by my father so I was into soccer so much, that there was a time where I dreamed of being a professional soccer player. It was just that, I debuted as SHINee when I was in high school, so it's quite a pity that I don't have much memories of my high school days."

It is said that during break time between filming, he got along well with other actors who were around his age, and they had spent a relaxing time together as if they were back in their school days. Still, he was really nervous before filming the first kiss scene.
"I think any actor would definitely feel nervous too, and I just lost my composure without any reason. Still, of course, I had get into my role and act out the kiss scene as Taejun. The first kiss was set up as an act of being drunk, where Taejun's feeling wasn't let out and he just did it, so I forced myself into it."

The character, Taejun, is a boy who is discreet towards someone he likes and can't be honest towards her. Could it be that Minho shares this in common with this character?
"I think I'm similar to him in not being able to express myself. However, I don't think I'd let the progress to be as slow as his. If there is any girl that I really like, I'd pick up my courage and tell her right away (laugh)."

By the way, when asked what kind of gesture by girls can make his heart flutter...
"Rather than gestures, her thoughtfulness is more important. For example, if she takes care of things that I overlook or fail to notice, then she will just manage to grip my heart."

Well then, if you were to go on a date with a Japanese girl in Korea, where would it be?
"Of course it would be Han River, where the scenery is the best. I think it would be best at night. We would walk, enjoy the beautiful night view, while helping ourselves to beer and fried chicken if we happen to be hungry. That is my ideal date."

As one of the members, Minho pulled his nickname "Flaming Charisma" perfectly but his true self is also charming, with his calm manner while talking and his bashful smile. We asked him to tell us about his ideal "cool guy".
"Someone who firmly holds full responsibility on what he should do. I'm still not at that level yet, but I want to make the effort and work hard towards it."

Source: shineee.net

No comments:

Post a Comment