Make It Real: Chapter 25

While in Vietnam, Minho works with the assistant director in expanding the JSB's operation by adding new distribution channels across the country. His aim was to enhance the bank's process and systems and to improve operational efficiencies competing other foreign banks. He attended conferences and presided over meetings on several significant infrastructure projects. The son's activities were reported immediately to CEO Monghee to ensure that his plans are successfully implemented.
Minho was temporarily staying in his late uncle's town house at Tho Ha village near the capital city. There he was served by a 61 years old Korean house caretaker. He had been very busy that he almost had no time for himself thus he decided to rest that day. The old woman cooked some Vietnamese dishes for the young man such as Goi Cuon (vegetable spring roll), Fliet Mignon with Rice, and Shrimp Garlic Noodles which he really enjoyed. He invited Mrs. Rang to eat with him and she agreed.
"Since when you transferred here?" He asked the Korean woman who is married to a Vietnamese man.
"For about decade now. Your uncle entrusted me his properties here. I remember when he's still alive, he always throw parties at the living area." She smiled, recalling her old boss.
"Really?"
"Yes. Even there's no occasion, he enjoys himself drinking with his staffs."
"Well I remember when I was little, we used to go out and play soccer together. Sadly, after I moved to U.S., we never got a chance to do it again."
"Mr. Choi Sungho is a very easygoing and has pleasing manner just like his wife, they are both well-disposed. I wonder if Juniel grows like them since I still haven't met her only with pictures." The old woman was fully unaware about this man's marriage with Juniel, Hasun had not told her yet.
Now that she mentioned her, Minho remembered his wife. "She's a good girl but very quiet."
"I see.  I have something to share with you. Mrs. Hasun confessed me a secret."
"What is it?" He asked her curiously.
"Hahaha it's not that serious but did you know your mother had crush on Mr. Sungho?"
"Oh Really?"
"Shhh don't tell anyone." The old woman giggled, eager to disclose this funny story. "Their age gap was huge, I think thirteen years. Mr. Sungho first met the beautiful Sunhwa during his birthday party. Your mother was infatuated with him and tried to be clingy around him. However Mr. Sungho just treated her like a dongsaeng. Unfortunate to her, he courted the smart Hasun one day which made the young girl experienced her first heartbreak. She then had several relationships after that but still hopeful with my boss. They became friends eventually until Mr. Sungho introduced her to his cousin Monghee, your father."
"Wow! That's why Ma is closer with Uncle Sungho than him with my father."
"Yes. Did you know your father originally named you as MinHwan. But your mother turned the second syllable to Ho to honor her first love, SungHo."
"Ahh I see." He laughed.
"To her silly revenge, Mrs. Hasun changed her adopted child's name also to JunHee from JunAh to make it fair with your father (MongHee) haha."
Although, Sungho was Sunhwa's first love, she remained close with him and they grow strong companion ever since.
"I think they named her Junhee since it means pure and pleasure right?" Minho asked her.
"It's just coincidence. Mrs. Hasun didn't realize it."
"But where did they get her nickname Juniel?"
"They just added "L" means Love. Since Mrs. Hasun revealed to me that Juniel's real father died in an accident and her mother committed suicide later in distress. The girl needs to be loved that's why they added L on her name." Mrs. Rang is one of Mrs. Hasun's closest confidant to share some of her private matters with.
"I didn't know that her background was a tragic. I thought her parents are just irresponsible of abandoning her."
"No. Juniel's grandmother was actually problematic on how to raise Juniel with low income that's why she sent her to Holt."
Mrs. Hasun called Juniel over the phone too much of the girl's happiness. The mother promised to go back right after her sister recovered from asthma. Juniel did not add burden to her mother as she pretended being okay inside her parents-in-law's house. It had been three days since she is staying at the resident. Every time she cross paths with Sulli, she ignores her and whenever they are at the dining table, she always feels out of place as her parents-in-law often talk with business. They just ask her some random questions and leave her again. Bohyun often caught Juniel staring at the wall quietly, seems waiting at nothing. She then break her silence wanting to unleash her pain.
"Don't worry, Sulli will be nice soon. She just loves her brother, It might be jealous that's why she's acting that way."
"Unnie has been like that on me even before." Juniel replied.
"She's just being herself but she's really nice." She said that as the lady is treating her housemates fairly (well except Juniel).
"I hope so." Juniel lowered her head.
"I witnessed the siblings grow up. They are very attached to each other, even closer than with their parents so when Minho left, Sulli went dreary at times."
"What do you mean?"
"Just what you see, Sir and Mam are always gone busy for their work. They kept leaving their children to the house maids that's why Minho and Sulli are more attached with each other than their parents."
"Huh?" Juniel suddenly felt sad for them as they were raised that away.
"Yes. They could not rebel as their parents are strict and disciplinarians. They just following their orders."
"You know even my parents are busy, they still have time for me."
"I'm sorry but you  need to adapt with this kind of life too."
"It's hard honestly. Sometimes, I prefer to live a simple yet happy life. I want to spend the time with my husband."
"I think Minho would love that too but he has so many responsibilities right now.  He's destined to lead CFG in the future, there's no other way to help him but to support him rather. I think that's the key to strengthen your relationship. Support him, that's the only thing that you can do now."
Bohyun had to advice Juniel to remain strong despite her struggles. She knows what Minho's need now thus she had to inform the girl. Minho do not need any girl who shows up her depression, it will only add to his stress.
"Now I realized it. Thank you." Juniel was wondering on why her husband is moody at times and now she found the answer.
"You're welcome. And don't be troubled by Sulli's words. Even if this is arranged marriage, Minho is easy to love, you just need to comply with him, it's his best rule." After the maid heard about this marriage, she is more aware now on the girl's problem and how to advice her.
"That's what he told me too. I didn't imagine I will fell this easy. I thought it's just ordinary partnership but he's nice person. He's the kind of person I want to marry ever since... But tell me? Do you think he likes me too?"
"Well, I know Minho's type but he's more happy with someone who shares the same passion or if not, someone who can understand his situation now."
"You're right. I'm ready to endure anything just for him. Now that you told me, I want to give him the affection he needed too." Bohyun encouraged Juniel to enjoy life even it looks impossible. Juniel was still going through transition phase from being single to marital life thus she needed some guidance to deal with some issues and luckily she found someone who is willing to help her with her crisis.
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment