Make It Real: Chapter 26


Juniel understood now why Sulli was so insecure of her. The fact that Sulli's parents are neglecting her at times due to their hectic schedule is very opposite of her case. Even Juniel is only adopted, her parents did not remiss in their duties, enough to make her contented in life. Sulli has numerous friends and wooer, but she still feels lacking from parental attachment. Out of compassion, Juniel wanted to give present for her sister-in-law. In this way, she might get her favor finally and they might become friends soon. Juniel decided to make a sweet lemon cake for Sulli.
With the help of her personal maid, Juniel collected all the ingredients from the kitchen storage and measured them accordingly. The girl preheated the oven first then gathered all dry ingredients. She whisked them carefully in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, she blended the liquid ingredients separately with the use of electric mixer. Bohyun is good at any chores well except with baking. The house has their resident chef so she just leaves the job on her. It amazed her to see the young girl, is good at it. She watched her combining all the ingredients with such easiness.
"Where did you learned that skill Mam?"
"Baking?"
"Yes."
"I just copied our chef's technique while watching her. The first time I see it I already know." She smiled while dividing the batter into pan. Culinary is running through her vein, Juniel inherited this skill from her grandmother who is still having her small restaurant.
After that, the girl put the round pans inside the oven while moving onto icing.
'That's a gift. Not everyone knows how to bake."
"Yes. But this is the only thing that I know aside from cooking." She humbly replied.
"It's still talent Mam."
"I'm dreaming of putting a cafe in the future."
"Well, you can do it. You have your husband who could guide you in managing."
She chuckled at the idea. "Right. I'll tell this plan if he's no longer busy."
"Minho is so lucky to have you. You can serve him with healthy appetite anyday."
"You make me blush." She told her. The girl blooms everytime they are talking about her husband.
"Nah he really is."
When the cake was done. They covered it with white frosting around, and put some candied lemon slices on top of it.
"Wow it's looks great! Sulli will like it."
"Really?" The girl asked excitedly.
"Yes. Just by looking at it." Bohyun refused to taste the cake so the design will not be ruined. They put it on a scalloped edge stand and Juniel herself delivered it to her sister-in-law. The girl knocked on the room, confident on what she did. She knew Sulli will only appreciate her gift.
The older girl was too busy studying for her exam that she could barely hear the sound of the knock. Juniel decided to enter as the knob was unlocked.
The girl appeared again with something on her hand. "Why you keep disturbing me?" Sulli with her usual manner.
"I'm sorry unnie. I just bring something for you." And then she put the round lemon cake on the table in front of her. It looks simply elegant but Sulli is not fond of eating sweets especially she was on diet. "I baked a cake for you. Eat it, it's good."
"I don't like that. I don't eat cakes." Sulli refused and was visibly ungrateful on what Juniel's effort. She continued her study.
"Just give it a try."
"I said I don't like! Are you deaf or what?!" She raised her voice again.
"Okay but I'll just leave that here in case you still wanna eat it." The younger girl told her and bowed. Her action irritated Sulli more so she got the thing and throw it on the floor. Juniel saw that and was totally miffed by her sister-in-law's rudeness.
"I did not ask you to give me that crap. You know the only think I'm wanting you to do is just leave us now. You're not welcome here so don't force yourself in me."
Sulli's bluntness had her bursting, Juniel glared back with fierce eyes then suddenly went to her and hit her shoulder.
"Ouch!"  The hit was unexpected from the defenseless girl. It was a surprise as Juniel showed her anger for the first time. She never fought back but Sulli is already too much.
Sulli pulled Juniel's long hair just after that, striking back with more strength. She held her down, pinning her on the floor. "You wanna fight with me!" She yelled at her while beating her constantly, Juniel could not retaliate as the older girl outpowered her.
"Stop unnie...Stop..." She begged for her mercy.
Sulli slapped her cousin again and again, exploding in rage. This time she was too mad that she did not mind if she will kill her. Juniel received all the physical harm as Sulli shoves her fault. The young girl's upper tooth had cracked and some red marks appeared from beating. 
Bohyun heard a loud quarreling sound from upstairs and had bad feeling about it. She ran towards the library room and found Sulli on top of Juniel. She went in between to stop them. Sulli fixed her tousled hair and shouted at her victim "Go away!" She left the room and banged the door.
"Juniel!" Bohyun called her name "My God." She cried out and hugged the girl. The girl was shaking from fear and pain that she could not utter any word. The maid called some boy helper to carry Juniel towards her room. There she was given a quick first aid treatment. After, Bohyun called Mrs. Sunhwa to report what had been happening.
The mother-in-law was attending some party when she received a call. To her panic, she immediately went home to check Juniel. "Juniel are you okay? I will send you to hospital now." The girl nodded, muted from physical suffering.
After she received medication at the hospital, Mrs. Sunhwa talked with Juniel. "Don't tell this to my son. I'm sure he'll get mad with Sulli." She asked her.
It is not in her personality to complain, yet Juniel hated it on how her mother-in-law wanted to cover up Sulli's fault. "Ma, I want to go home now." She told her, she looks done at the way they are treating her.
"I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll tell to your mother."
Juniel spent the whole night inside hospital with only Bohyun guarding her. Her bruises were throbbing as well as her emotion. When she was about to sleep her cellphone rang. Bohyun answered it and reached the phone to Juniel. "Mam, It's your husband."
"Huh?" Juniel immediately rose up to answer it. "Oppa."
"Hello Juniel how are you?" Minho asked her with his usual deep voice. After what he learned from Mrs. Rang, he somehow wanted to check his wife.
Juniel partly closed her mouth, hiding her deep sorrow. The moment she heard his voice, she wanted to tell everything but she could not do that. Thinking it will only bother him as it creates more problem. She rather keep that as secret.
"I'm good oppa. How about you?"
"I'm good. I'm sorry If I can't call at times. I'm just having so many commitments to deal with."
"It's alright." Juniel accidentally sniffed after saying that.
"What's the problem? Are you crying?" Minho sensed something wrong.
"No. I have cold since yesterday." She had to lie.
"I see. You better take some medicines now."
"Yes. I'm doing it now thanks... Ahh oppa you know that I passed my make up exams." Without her tutor, amazingly Juniel passed all her subjects with much determination. His husband inspired her to do very well.
"Really?"
"Yes."
"Nice. I'm so happy for you."
Juniel smiled at his replied.
"Okay. It's already past night. Go sleep now."
"I will, you too."
"Yes. Bye."
"Bye... Ahh oppa, I love you."
"Okay. Same here." His respond made her glad suddenly. Juniel laid back on the bed, seemed all her pain disappeared. She may look crazy but that was her feeling after her husband called her.
"Why you have to lie?" Bohyun asked her out of concern.
"Minho oppa is stressed already. I could not add burden on him."
"But you have right to tell the truth. Today's incident is exempted."
"No. My mother-in-law asked for it. I don't want another trouble."
Bohun shook her head.
It was Minho's first time hearing his wife's voice over the phone and it was too soft. Juniel might not be the girl he is longing to but she is too delicate. With this absent, he hoped to see whether he continue hanging in this marriage or to break away this early.
However there is something holding him which he cannot tell what exactly is it...
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment